Not Amused

Shit happens, every SINGLE day.

I KNOW.
But sometimes, i cant help but wonder, WHY ME? and instead of the little voice in my head screaming back 'why not you?', its having this stupid sense of humour and is screaming back 'CAUSE EVERYONE HAD THEIR TURN' and is feeling totally smug about its comeback.

ONLY ITS NOT FUNNY.
Its NOT.
Heres what happened.

Last month, or two months ago, ONE CANNOT BE SURE, I went down to student central to pay my exam fees and college tuition (semester2) fees. Only the lady at the counter REJECTED the cheque for the sem2 fees i presented to her, saying how it was dated the 12th, and it was only the 7th then, so i'd have to COME BACK ON THE 12th to pay.

and although that didnt make much sense to me, i did what she said and went back on the 13th to pay. And so i got a receipt for that and went home. A few days later, my dad receives a letter stating how I HAVE NO PAID MY SEM2 FEES. which was completely and utterly BOGUS. he asked me for the receipts, so i gave him BOTH receipts, the one i paid for the exam fees and the sem2 fees one. Only he was bathing then so i left it on his table.

so that was that. it was done. No more complications, right?

Or so i thought. Today, i received a call (WHILE I WAS WATCHING TEEVEE, AND TOTALLY MISSED THE LAST PART OF MY MOVIE. AAAH!). It was this lady from college (did not manage to catch her name). She inquired if i had PAID MY SEM2 FEES, in which i replied, YES I DID. and she was asking WHEN DID I PAY and shit like that, so i told her, I HAVE THE RECEIPT i can SHOW IT TO YOU TMR.

and so i called dad and asked him WHERE THE RECEIPTS are. and his reply was 'what receipts?'
One word.

FUDGE.

(can i have toppings with that?)

Anyway, dad told me to wait for him to come back, then hopefully it'll magically appear and it'll all be good again. And pink ponies will go on galloping around in the land of lollipops, where goblins die while pixies sleep in dasies and dew drops are made of gold.

We'll see.

UPDATE : dad says he'll call her tomorrow and take care of it (give cheque number and blah). im still slightly peeved that the receipt cannot be found.

0 comments: