#shesaidokay (part I)

GUESS WHAT!!


This happened.



IM ENGAGED!!!

Not that anyone still visits this page but I feel obliged to update for FUTURE ME (giving myself a pat on the back right now on behalf of my future self) to read back and reminisce HAHA! I really should have updated this much earlier given that we got engaged on 10th Feb 2016 - that's right! On our 4 years anniversary!

We've always talked about a 4 year plan - which meant dating for 4 years and then getting engaged to be married, so this did not come as a complete shock to me. Eh, pre-planning very important, okay! We have both always been very serious about our relationship, even as early on as 6 months into the relationship - CLEARLY, because after just a mere 2 months of dating the boy applied to work in Malaysia BAHAHAHAHAHA

Talk about moving too fast :p 
but it never felt that way

Heck, at the moment he asked me to be his girlfriend, we were both very logical about it. I told him i did not want to start something if it meant having to do long distance (we were graduating that year) and i do not believe in LDR working out, especially if we were only going to just begin dating, meaning haven't built a solid foundation before possibly needing to have a LDR (obviously this does not hold true for everyone, BUT I AM A STICKY GIRLFRIEND I ADMIT I ADMIT)

I also very honestly told him that long term I would probably want to settle in Malaysia so if that was a deal breaker for him, then we shouldn't even start because then it would just be harder down the line. The boy, bless his soul, was totally okay to try getting a job in Malaysia and settling down here because he said that

     a) his family would be OK for him to live abroad

     b) Malaysia is closer to Thailand than UK

And so our story began :)

EH SO SUPER UNROMANTIC AND LOGICAL - WHO ELSE STARTS THEIR RELATIONSHIP LIKE THIS?!?! But looking back at my history, seems like some of my friendships also start this way BAHAHAHAHA sidetrack a bit, but my friendship with su ean began at a sleepover. It was late into the night and we were talking about how everyone was pretty much buddied up and we both didnt have anyone that we were THAT close to, so then we made a decision to be there for each other and be each others buddy!! And from that day on, we started our conscious effort to chat daily, update each other on news and to date, she is one of my closest friends :)

Sometimes it is when your head is in the right place and you're thinking logically where you make the best decisions? :p 

PROVEN. LOOK WHO I SNAGGED.

BEING WITH THE BOY MAKES ME FEEL LIKE A WINNER EVERYDAY.

NOT EVEN KIDDING.

SO LUCKY.

SO LUCKY.

SO LUCKY.

THANK YOU BUDDHA.

Wah, supposed to blog about proposal but instead blog about back story. Good job brain, way to drag the story out.

OK IT IS 11PM, THIS SHALL BE PART I and hopefully I will be hardworking enough to update PART II soon. :D

x

0 comments: