#shesaidokay (part II)

Okay, so without further ado, this is the proposal, as experienced by me, through my perspective BAHAHAHA

First things first, I have to say I KNOW I LET SO MANY PEOPLE DOWN WITH MY NON CRYING during the proposal. To that I say, I AM SORRY BUT I CANNOT CONTROL MY EMOTIONS AND APPARENTLY I AM REALLY A ROBOT. No, REALLY. To be honest, I have watched so many proposal videos before and the girl almost ALWAYS cries from being too damned shocked and happy at the same time. So in my defense... please hear me out on why I didn't cry HAHAHAHA

one
The proposal didn't come as a shock to me

As I mentioned in part I, we have always had the 4 years plan so I knew that it may happen some time during the year but I didn't know when. Also, if you don't know my mr. karn, he is not the best at keeping things under wraps, especially not from me BAHAHAHAHHAA although he did do a very good job this time around! It all started the week before chinese new year, he started being veeeerry dodgy HAHAHA whenever i wanted to take his phone to look at photos, he'd quickly snatch his phone up and ask me what I wanted to look at and purposely help me click so that I could only look at that one thing before taking his phone back. AND whenever I walked close to him while he was supposedly doing work, he'd purposely click back to his desktop screen so that I couldn't see what he was working on. SAME WITH THE IPAD.

Wah lao. so secretive for what.

I know our anniversary coming up la, but since when he pre-plan so much...

So then I knew DUN DUN DUNNNN...

something is up! is he going to propose on our anniversaryyyyy? :O

I mean, IT MAKES SENSE. We did say 4 years and that would be the 4 years mark! right right? but then okay, must guai guai pretend not to know. COME ON, dont burst his bubble right! And anyway, what if I was wrong - although I rarely am wrong (BAHAHHA boasting boasting - but its true, i know my mr. karn)

To his credit, he actually started planning for the proposal 4 months in advance (what is with us and the number 4?) and started engaging all mah friendsss and familyyyyy TT AIYO SO SWEET, KAN? (I realize I use much more malaysian slang in my blogs but that's how I talk in my head now so no filter, okay. if the malaysian wants to come out, we let her out! :p)

So apparently he asked my parents for permission individually. This boy so smart, he knows I tend to sleep in on weekends HAHAHA cause on weekdays I always sleep early, so on Friday night's i go full on rebel-mode and stay up until cannot tahans then crash and wake up later on Saturdays. So he brought my mom out for breakfast and asked for her blessing. He then talked to my dad separately and got his OK too.

TT WAH SO BRAVE.

I don't think my parents are the easiest of people to talk to BAHAHAHHAHA especially since I am the baby of the family and they still think of me as the baby ALTHOUGH I AM A BIG GIRL NOW (not in size but in spirit and sheer aura of awesomeness that emanates from my very being) so he said he felt quite daunted and had to psych himself up for THE TALK.

MY BRAVE SOLDIER. GOING AT IT ALONE.

wah, really not easy to be a guy leh.

First need to tell your own parents that "I WANT TO MARRY THAT GIRL" and then have to ask the girl's parents for permission (though I know some guys skip the permission seeking step). I don't know how I would fare as a guy AHAHHAHAHA maybe wait for the girl's parents to pressure me into marrying her then just OK LAH OK LAH I WILL MARRY HER SINCE YOU GUYS WANT ME IN YOUR FAMILY SO MUCH. MAKE YOU HAPPY LAH.

BAHAHHAHAHAHHA

I would fail terribly as a guy.

Luckily I wounded up with a boy that loves me enough to muster up the courage to ask my parents for their blessing to ask me for my hand in marriage BAHAHAHHAHAH if I wounded up with myself in guy version, sure have to wait forever. So chicken shit. AHAHHAHAHAHA how did this post turn into a post about insulting my fictitious guy version self. SO SAD BAHAHAHAHAHHAA

Anyway, apparently he had lots of different ideas of how to propose to me. He really put a lot of thought into it and had the idea of surprising me with a trip to London and proposing to me at the steps of the hall I used to stay in, where he held hands with me at the staircase area and asked me to be his girlfriend (': to basically circle back to square one on how our relationship started. But since our anniversary is on the 10th of Feb which is like the 3rd day of CNY (if I am not mistaken), my parents told him that they would prefer to have us around for the celebration and they also did not know how I would feel if I missed out on CNY so in the end, he had to change his plans to something local instead which worked out for the better because MORE HANDS ON DECK! :D

I have to say our friends were amazing. like. AMAZING.

He created two group chats and broke the news - HE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE!! and everyone got all excited and celebratory - yalah, all celebrate without me EMO and it was hilarious because they had to contain their excitement and not tell me anything for those few months HAHAHAHHAHAAH i can only imagine if I were in their shoes, i'd be like laughing inside, WHAT SHE DOESNT KNOW. NYEK NYEK NYEK so annoying.

So they helped him plan, he started scouting for places he thought had potential by googling and found this place RUMAH KEBUN at ULU LANGAT.

He then reached out to su ean, su ping and shon lee and they went to reckee the place - AT MIDNIGHT, on a WEEKDAY....

because he spends all weekend with me and did not want to seem suspicious. AIYO SO POOR THING THESE PEOPLE, all cause im a sticky girlfriend, had to go reckee the area after work at that odd hour TT I FEEL FOREVER GRATEFUL. THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR SACRIFICING YOUR SLEEP FOR MAKING IT SUCH A BEAUTIFUL AND MEMORABLE PROPOSAL. YOU GUYS ARE THE BESTEST.

BESTEST OK.

The boy had his vision and su ping made it come to life with some drawings hahaha like below:

SO PRETTTEHHHHH



He sourced all his material like the laterns & balls of lights online and bought lots and lots of candles from IKEA. when I say lots and lots, i really do mean LOTS and LOTS of candles hahahahahah His car had such a strong candle smell for daaaaays after our engagement because he moved the packed boxes up to his places in batches.

Anyway, sorry for the abrupt ending to this post but it is getting late, I will continue again in part III soon!! With more reasons backing up why I didn't cry *clearly I did not plan this post, i just type and type whatever comes to mind lol, sidetrack maximum, but I guess the story is slowly coming along!*

Till then, much love.

x

1 comments:



mybkexperience said...

I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
An excellent blog.
Great work!