Weird

English

today i took my english exam. Paper one and paper two..DUH. Paper one was fairly easy, and i really didnt like it that way. Why? because english is one of the subs that can pull me up and if the questions are so easy, everyone will be able to score and the sub wont be able to pull me up much anymore. And even worse still, chinese is NEVER easy. NEVER. its so damn dificult. This way, chinese-y students get to score in both subs and i get beaten flat. seriously. its not fair. But im not going to dwell on it any longer than this because well, there are other things to talk about and if i do, it'll all be rants anyway. Whats the point?

Aaanyway, lets move on to paper two. First i did the literature section and then the summary section. All went as planned, i still had one more hour to do my essay. Good. One hour, a lot of time right? WRONG. there were three minutes left after i was done. ONLY three minutes left. you have no idea. i wanted to go on writing, but there was no time and no space. So yea, the ending was a bit...well...not moral-istic. not that material. let me tell you what i wrote...

My title was completely random. It was 'Abnormal Sunday'

It was sunday again. The day i dread the most in the week because mother will force me to go to the supermarket with her to do her weekly grocery shopping. I dont know why she even bothers to ask me to tag along anyway. All i do is follow behind her and sulk. Doesnt seem much help to me. Then again, maybe she just wants me to be miserable or liked my company, even if all i do is grumble. Adults are weird and its going to take me a lifetime to figure out what goes on and around their heads, so im not going to bother.

OMG. i can memorise my first paragraph. THIS IS AMAZING. yea..thats my first paragraph. okay..moving on to the second...

the supermarket was packed with teens and kids. Mother said the noise and commotion was driving her scatty. I made myself scarce as i realised she wasnt in a good mood anymore. I decided to escape from all this and so, asked my mother if i could stop by the toy shop. I didnt even wait for my mum to reply and quickly slipped away into the crowd. her answer would've been no anyway, not the one i was looking for.

I felt proud of my get-away. It wasnt everyday that i would have dared to do that. But today i felt exceptionally good. Mother isnt one to mess with. Her mouth doesnt look like smiling is its favourite activity. Shes stern and strict with me, probably why i come along with the sunday grocery shopping every week. I stepped into the toy shop gaily, remembering what it was like to be eight again. Memories started flooding my mind. Suddenly, my memories came to an abrupt halt. I saw a boy, who was around five or six stealing an expensive toy. It was like i was watching a movie in slow motion. The boy was looking from left to right again and again, beads of sweat trickling down his face, he cluctched the car close to his chest and finally, slowly and cautiously, he hid it under his shirt, oblivious that i was in fact, watching each and everyone of his moves.

(okay, im not sure aboutt he exact words, but i think its something like that.)

I was dumbfounded. I knew i was supposed to shout and rat the boy out. But i couldn't. I just couldn't rat him out. I dont know why, but i looked up to him. I looked up and evied him for he had the guts to steal the car. So, i just stood there rooted to the spot, silently praying that he would make it out safe.

The boy started to make his way to the exit, trying hard to look natural. He probably felt terrified and giulty for he had sinned, because he kept banging into people. The ammatuer. This must be his first time. It was obvious that luck wasnt on his side, for he knocked into a plump lady and the toy dropped out of his shirt. he made a desperate attempt to maintain his balance but instead managed to kick the toy which went skidding accross the floor and to the middle of the sensors which no longer later started beeping.

The guard started chasing the boy as he tried to runaway. Unfortunately, the boy wasnt fast enough for the guard and got caught. The guard took out his walkie-talkie and told the manager. The boy looked ashamed and embaressed, he was going to be brought up to the manager's office. I stood there petrified, not knowing of what to do. I dont know why, but i had this protective feeling, like i was supposed to protect the boy. it was a random feeling, and so, i charged towards the guard and hit in right in his stomach and i pulled the boy up and started to run. The boy however, didnt run. In fact, he just stood there. He wouldn't let me pull him with me. What was he doing? DIdn't he know that he was in big trouble and he needed to run away? i was pondering on those questions so long that i didnt realise the guard had got up and gripped the boy's hand and mine and brought us both to the managers office. POking my nose into other people's bussiness is stupid. I know that now. If only i knew thate earlier.

The manager gave us both a long lecture and even called my mother up. Mother was dissapointed in me, heck, i was dissapointed in me too. The boy learnt his lesson and i felt stupid for looking up to the boy when he was doing such a shameful act, stealing. At least this incident had brought one good thing, the boy will not steal again. as the saying goes, a burnt boy fears the fire. Today was an abnormal and exciting sunday.

See how weird and crappy the ending was?!!? i didnt end it properly because like i said. I DIDNT HAVE TIME NOR SPACE. oh well. Now i gotta study for the other subs like history, geography and KH and CHINESE. oh maaan, the exam REALLY starts next week. but first, a nap...only 15 minutes maaaa...

0 comments: