Dont leave me

My maid is leaving in another two more weeks. She wants to go home and find herself a husband...get married, have kids i guess. Its so heartbreaking. I've grown so fond of her now, i just cant imagine NOT having her around.

The little things she does for me is forever embedded in my mind.

- A heavy downpour accompanied by lightning and thunder. Im scared of those...oh boy. Yes i am. Im up in my room, all alone, lights outside are all off-ed. WHO FREAKING OFF THOSE LIGHTS TO BEGIN WITH!?! im look around me. No..no sign of..*shudder* i shout for her name, practically screaming for her. No reply. So sue me man, i was SCARED!! i sit there, half pissed and half terrified, and decide to hug my pillow, gather up whatever courage i have left and make my way downstairs. Once downstairs, i call for her again. There she is, my maid. I sigh- what a relief. Im not alone. And then i start scolding her for not returning my calls. She understands. She knows that i was scared. Of all people, SHE knows. Then i go to seek refuge in her room, take up some cross-stitching strings and start making braclets while talking to her.

- Another frustrating day in school. Another problem with my friends or family. Another depressing day. She is always there to listen. There to hear me out. There to share her stories. There to comfort. I thank her for that. SHe's such a sweetheart.

- Im home alone. Everyones out. Im scared. I dont like the night. I dont like to be alone. I turn on the TV, hoping the noise of the tv can drown out my stupid thoughts. Imgination of the supernatural. Darn. I call out to her, and shes there. She sits and watches the tv with me, abandoning her duties for me. I feel better, much better.

The little things she does for me, i can never forget. Of course there are also other times, before i go out, i ask her if i look nice, other times i ask her about my hair, and then the times she accompanies me to brendas house... Shes more than a maid to me..shes a friend. A best friend. MY best friend. And having her means so much to me. 2 years sure is a hell lot of time, huh? who knew i would grow so attached? 2 more weeks and shes going to go. I cant bring myself to think of that day. Only, i have ALREADY thought of that day, and found myself in tears.

Its so hard to lose a friend. Its going to be so hard knowing i wont be able to see her face everyday. God. Now im getting emotional. Darn it.

0 comments: