#icanrelate: sweaty palms

Having sweaty palms is such a pain. And its not that there's anything you can do about it (actually no, I've read somewhere before about some treatment where you put your hands in water and they pass current or something in the water that will somehow make the sweat glands not secrete as much or something? but I don't think its a very well known thing and i dont know where to get that done and if it will even work so im gonna factor this out). Different people have different degrees of severity of this condition, I think I have it pretty bad, but maybe im just biased.

I wouldn't mind it if it didnt affect everyday functions. But it does. Its horrible when you meet people for the first time, cause it gives off such a bad impression. Its like, sure enough, you're nervous, so fine, that makes your palm sweat. and then worrying about your sweaty palms gets them going even more. GOOD JOB SWEAT GLANDS. D: I swear, thinking about sweaty palms alone makes them sweat, I can just sit there and stare at my palms, and they'll start to sweat. Its horrible. So honestly, honestly, its one of the things im self conscious about, and i never start off holding someones hands and when i meet new people, i pray that they wont want to shake hands because Im afraid they'll think im gross ): IM NOT GROSS I SWEAR.

And its worse cause it affects your performance during exam periods as well. The paper starts getting soggy and wet, and especially if its an essay you have to write, its horrible. The ink starts going funky (so now I only ever use ball pens cause they're not as affected), you're afraid the paper will tear, and if you're using pencil, HAHAHHAHAA - Dont even think about it. Its not going to work. So yeah. I remember back in primary school when using pencils were compulsory I used to wrap my hand up in a handkerchief (when my sweaty palms were really bad) so that I could do the paper just fine, it wasnt the easiest to write with a stupid handkerchief in the way, but it worked out alright i guess. And even now, when i make cards or write on cards, I think i get a bit anxious because I want it to be perfect, so i always put another paper between my hand and the card so that i wont smudge anything or sweat onto it. ITS SUCH A PAIN.

And then theres the sweaty trail that you leave everywhereeee. When your sweat dries up and everything you touch just looks dirty ): its sad, really. I remember last month I had to bring my lappie to school to work on the marketing project with my group, and every time before i left the house i would have to wipe the keyboard and the mouse cause the sweat stains are HORRIBLE. D: and i just feel super embarrassed about it, again, IM NOT GROSS I SWEAR TT Karn told me that he uses a keyboard protector, but I cant be bothered so. D: usually i just have my lappie at home anyway and no one uses it but me so its alright.

I remember once in first year, a few friends came over to my room and one of them wanted to use my comp to look something up, and in my head i was just screaming NUUUOOOOHHH, cause i didnt have time to wipe my keyboard and IM NOT GROSS I SWEAR D: but i couldnt exactly go, DONT LOOK AT MY COMPUTER LET ME HELP YOU WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT TO FIND HUH!?!?!?!? so yeah. Thankfully no one ever mentioned it so, either everyone is just really really bloody nice, or no one noticed. so phew?

I always feel very grateful and an immense amount of love for people who dont mind my sweaty palms. Because its one of my insecurities I guess, so when people dont mind, it just means so much to me. I remember back in buddhist camp we had to sit in a huge circle and hold hands and pray together. omigosh, as soon as i heard hold hands, i started to panic. So, my palms started to sweat on cue. YUP, WITHOUT FAIL. so we sat down, there was a guy to my right and a girl to my right. Didnt know them, but okay. No choice. We had to close our eyes and just listen to the music/person talking in the middle. and my sweat glands were going crazy WOOOOO! and i felt SOOOO bad. the guy on the right would let go at times to wipe his hands and i just felt soooo shitty and like NUUUOOOH IM SORRY. IM NOT GROSS I SWEAR TT at the end of the session, I turned to him and apologised. but he said,

'wha.. no no! I thought it was me!'

Ah, fellow sweaty palm-er. I understand. Then i turned to the girl next to me and apologised as well, but she said she didnt mind. (: so that was so sweet. And then I remember the first time I held hands with a boy. I was linking arms with him, you see, cause i didnt want him to think im gross TT IM NOT GROSS I SWEAR!! but then halfway through the movie he held my hands and didnt let go. So, even though things were meh after that, i'll always be grateful for that. Cause he didnt mind. (: also, he thought i was pretty when i was butt ugly at the time, so. There's also always that. HAHAHAHAHA

And then in university, during one of the trips, karn has this game he likes to play called 'telephone' that requires everyone to hold hands. Again, I really, REALLY dont like that game HAHAHAHA but everyone wanted to play so i didnt wanna be left out and be a loner at the side, so fine. I convinced myself that THEY'RE MY FRIENDS AND THEY WONT MIND, THEY KNOW IM NOT GROSS cause IM NOT GROSS I SWEAR. D: and everyone was really really sweet (: (copy paste from a blogpost i posted on another website, OH ANOTHER WEBSITE, yeah thats right)
'basically my palms sweat la, and i was sitting next to shonlee and suet fong so they BOTH kena-ed TT sweaty palms attack!!

and i constantly had to wipe my hands down on my jeans cause it was BAAAD but they didnt say anything (but they wiped their hands down on their jeans too) so yeaaaah, i felt bad la but i think they understood as well la, like ive told suet about my sweaty palms before. then suddenly, all the other people (in the circle, there were 7 of us, so the other 4 la) like started wiping their hands on their jeans too HAHAHAHA to like teman us kinda thing, so that i wouldnt feel so bad about myself? it was SO SWEEEET like they were being so bloody casual about it like all 'eh why everyone do that, lets do that too' HAHHAA so sweet la and i just felt like daaaaww (: felt better

the other time i played this game was when we were travelling back from lake district and the people next to me were sheun yeow and su ean, and su ean was really nice about it as well, she asked me if i had sweaty palms and im like YEAAAAHH TT and shes like its okay and she said she knew people with the same problem, and karn was like I HAVE SWEATY PALMS TOO! and we high fived DAHAHAHAHA damn funny and sheun NEVER wiped his hands, so i thought that was REALLY sweet, like he didnt wanna hurt my feelings or something, but i clearly wouldnt have minded but i thought it was sweet still. and he'd keep squeezing my hands too for fun so i felt less gross like OKAY, so he doesnt mind so much (:
Basically. So that for me, was one of the sweetest things my uni friends have ever done for me. HAHAHA committed in my memory foreveeerrr!! (: But yeah, long story short, IM NOT GROSS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And, Karn actually likes my sweaty palms. So. I think my sweaty palms have found its soul mate. :D In all seriousness though, sweaty palms make your palms soft so ITS NOT ALL THAT BAD? :D So karn and karen both says. (differ only by an E!) on another random note, i wonder if the sweaty palm trait is dominant, cause if it is, my kids arent going to stand a chance! D: SORRY KIDS, BUT ITS OKAY, YOU'RE GONNA HAVE LOVELY SOFT HANDS? D: and FIND WONDERFUL FRIENDS?

and dont worry, MUMMY KNOWS YOU'RE NOT GROSS. TT

alright, long post done. Procrastination bug, GO AWAAAAY! back to work!

Photobucket
March along!!

x

0 comments: