a bucketful of imagination, paint me a rainbow.

because sometimes it gets tiring, and sometimes i lose focus and i cant seem to absorb anything. So i cheer myself up, i take a break. and what do i do during those breaks? (: i read karen cheng's blog. but not just her random posts, the parenting & kids section. gosh, it makes my day. Darling, darling kids.

5 yo: (In his sweetest voice) Hey Sean! Do you want to play a game?

3 yo: Ok, but only a FRIENDLY game.

5 yo: Let’s play dinosaurs. I’m going to be a T-rex. I’m fast and really dangerous. You have to kill me.

3 yo: That’s not very friendly.

5 yo: Oh. That’s a dinosaur way of being friendly.

3 yo: But if I kill you, I’ll have no friends left. I want to play cats.

5 yo: What about CAT dinosaurs? I can run on ground and you have to catch me and then kill me!

3 yo: No! I’m going lick you instead!

5 yo: Arrrrggghhh! Help! Your licking is killing meeeeee!

3 yo: STOP! WAIT! DON’T DIE! I’LL HAVE NO FRIENDS!

5 yo: OOOOH I’M MELLLTING!

-Overheard in the Playroom

Made me laugh so hard

Of course, Sean is a boy, and I know that boys are interested in weapons, but still, I just felt that I needed to have a talk with Sean about how guns are very dangerous in real life, unlike in games and movies.

So we sat down after school for a TALK.

Sean was so proud that I wanted to talk about his drawing, but when I mentioned the gun, he was shocked.

“But Mum, it’s not a gun. It’s YOU with your hair-dryer! Can’t you SEE??”

Oh. Well, okay then.

- let's talk about guns

Can anyone say aaww? ;)

My preschooler said to me, “HEY MUM! What’s a ghost?”

“It’s a… well. Um… lets see.”

I was trying to make a tricky right hand turn while considering whether it was a good idea to tell my child about spirits, death, heaven, the afterlife, and lost souls haunting the earth. I mean, if this isn’t the height of progressive parenting, then I don’t know what is. However, he interrupted my deep contemplation.

“Are they just funny little monsters with blankets over their heads?”

“Yep. That’s exactly what they are, mate.”

looooool

Editted : several other extracts that i LOVE LOVE LOVE do click!
conversation of the week and its only monday
milestones
so wise for his age
interpreter
the 2.5 year old genius
conversations with my 2.5 year old

They're PRECIOUS.
do just read EVERYTHING.

captured moments (:
xx

0 comments: