Joe.

Average. That's what i am, and perhaps that's what i will always be. Nothing more, nothing less, just average. And im fine being just average. Just. Average. I guess there was a point in time where i strived to stand out, a point in time where all i ever wanted to be was different, unique. But that stopped. Because it felt way better to be part of something, to feel that there was something out there bigger than me. I mean, at times it sucks to feel that you're so small and so insignificant that nothing you have done, or will ever do will have any effect on the world at all, and if you died, the world would still go on, like you never happened. But there's also a sort of beauty in that. To me anyway.

And i like to think that we're all average, and we're all normal people, but we all have our moments. Moments that mean nothing to one person but means the world to you. And we're all average, but somewhere out there, there's someone who thinks the world of you, there's someone out there who loves you for you, even though that's all you are - just average. I like to think that we're all somewhat different, but essentially we're all really the same. That's how i relate to you, and you to me. Because we're all the same.

Then again, everyone has different perceptions of what just average really is. But this is how i perceive myself to be, and maybe some of you may see it as kind of sad, for all i ever want to do is fit in with society, be one with the community, and just pass on without leaving my mark on the world. As long as there is one person that will think of me from time to time, thats enough for me.

And the one line that will always touch my heart,

'Just hearing your voice makes it all better.'

Thanks for making me special in your life.

0 comments: