Thats who I mean

For my Mommy,

And for all the mommies out there,




It's hard to remember
A summer or winter
When she hasn't been there for me


A friend and companion
I can always depend on
My mother
That's who I mean


I've taken for granted
seeds that she planted
She's always behind every thing


A teacher a seeker
A both arms outreacher
My mother
That's who I mean


Wish I could slow down
The hands of time
keep things the way they are
If she said so
I would give her the world
If I could... I would


My love and my laughter
From here ever after
Is all that she says that she needs


A friend and companion
I can always depend on
My mother
That's who I mean
My mother
That's who I mean... that's who I mean

Lovely sooong. Made me cry when i was younger x) Still does too x)

Happy Mothers Day

~~~~~~~

Anyway, on a small note, not to be offensive or anything, but do you realise like, the line,

'BECAUSE I AM A MOTHER.'

is SOOO powerful? its like, powerful beyond powerful. So powerful its probably the source of energy that makes the earth go round. You dont hear people going

'BECAUSE I AM A FATHER.'

honestly, that just sounds OFF and weird. You hear father's saying

'BECAUSE I AM A PARENT.'

Somehow that has more effect than the previous line. Dont you think so? Which is odd, dontcha think? oh oh, on the other hand

'BECAUSE I AM YOUR FATHER'

or

'BECAUSE I AM HER FATHER'

makes all the difference. This has impact. But of course if you changed father to mother in the above two lines, it'd give the same impact we're all looking for. But thats not the point now, is it? the point is,

'I AM A MOTHER' and 'I AM A FATHER'

big vast difference.

Do you see it?

.

.

.

Mom's are amazing

(not that dad's arent amazing too, but today is mothers day so EXCUSE ME. xp)

LOVE

0 comments: